Do you see the book? My Josh, fell asleep while reading!
He now reads daily. He loves to read! Praise the Lord!
Some books Josh has recently read;
Blood on the River James Town 1607 by Elisa Carbone
- My Side of the Mountain by Craighead George (he also read the sequels)
- Revenge of the Whale The True Story of the Whaleship Essex By Nathaniel Philbrick
- Morgan the Jersey Spy by Jamies Otis (an A Beka book)
- Master Cornhill by Eloise Jarvis McGraw published by Sonlight
- Air Raid-Pearl Harbor the Attack that Stunned the World; The Story of Dec. 7, 1947 by Theodore Taylor
- The Giant of the North By R.M. Ballantyne
- The Coral Island by R.M. Ballantyne
It is a blessing to see him falling asleep while reading. He didn't start reading until he was 10.5 years. Oh, he could read small words (consonant, vowel, consonant words-cvc and cvcc words) but he was not a fluent reader. He was still in the sounding out stage. Now he reads at grade level. His comprehension skills are above that. His vocabulary is above also.