Powered by Blogger.

My One Word

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Mrs. @ Her Household Rhythm prayfully picks one word to ponder, pray over, and use during the whole year. I got to thinking this is a great idea and wondered if I should do the same. I couldn't think of a word and thought, guess this isn't for me. But the idea kept tugging at me, so I prayed about it (should have done that first). Later the word Joy, came to mind. It’s something I have been working on but haven’t at the same time.

I don’t mean just ‘happy’ joy but true biblical joy. I want more than feelings. I want joy that comes deep within our heart from knowing and loving our Savior.

Psalm 43:4-5 says:
Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. 
I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

This year I am going to ponder, pray over, and use the word Joy. I am using a capital ‘J’ because it’s important to me. I want more Christ-like joy in me to spread throughout my household and to teach my children the joy of the Lord. 

Joy. I like that word.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-17~Be joyful always; pray continually.
Other words for joy:  blessedness, beatitude, bliss, felicity, gladness, warm fuzzies Smile

Thank you my friend and thank you Jesus.
I’m editing this post to add a Word for the Year Blog Carnival, hosted by Marcy @ Ben and Me. Please click the button below to read more One Word for the Year!


A Word with Friends 2013
(Carnival won’t go live until Friday evening)

4 comments :

The Mrs. said...

Love your word!!!! May you enJOY watching how God uses it to bless you and your family.

Homeschooling6 said...

Mrs. you are funny (enJoy) hee, hee. Thanks so much for inspiring me with this.
Blessings,
Linda<><

Dee said...

I love your word! I may try this and see if God gives me a word for the year, too. ;)

Bethany said...

JOY is my word too! I'm following you now from the crew!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Places I enjoy!

Words of Wisdom

Christian Women Online


It is easier to build strong children Frederick Douglass quote at DailyLearners.com Thank goodness I was never sent to school...Beatrix Potter quote at DailyLearners.com


If God sends us on a stony path, He will provide us with strong shoes. --A. Maclaren

If you live right, chances are your children will too. But teach them everything. What you don't teach them someone else will-and you might not like those lessons.-The Delany Sisters



Credits

Coffee Background: cutecolors
Coffee Bear Clipart: (c)Lisa's country clipart
Scrapbooking kit for banner and button
Jannidee from Janiscraps Beads:Nana's Attic

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP