Powered by Blogger.

Our CHRISTmas 2012

Friday, December 28, 2012

Can you believe we all slept in, well kind of, the children did wake early to open their stocking but they all fell back to sleep (a first).

My poor kids didn't get to open their presents until almost 8 o’clock in the evening. I prefer the opening of gifts earlier but hubby doesn’t.

One of our traditions, for breakfast we have rice pudding. I put one single almond and whoever gets it is the first one to open a gift. The children really enjoy this. They kept reminding me all week to make rice pudding and not to forget the almond.

Ethan discovered the almond in his bowl.
A new tradition is putting the names of Jesus on the tree. My MIL is always thinking about us and she purchased from Family Life.

We were all delighted to be blessed with a white CHRISTmas here in TX, a first for us, so it was pretty exciting.
12.28.12 013
Some of my nephew’s toys that were outside. Looks like a little village.
CHRISTmas 2012
12.28.12 028
My crazy Josh. He wanted a picture of himself with no shoes. Didn’t last long. Winking smile
12.28.12 039
Ethan being silly.
12.28.12 040
12.28.12 042
Can’t tell in this picture but Lance had the most fun playing in the snow.
12.28.12 041
Annette, braving the cold.
12.28.12 043
I like this picture of her. So pretty.
12.28.12 045
Brent with his new favorite monkey, Socks! It was in his stocking.
12.28.12 047
What a good picture of Brent. Love it.
12.28.12 048
This one (Caleb) stayed warm inside.
12.28.12 044
Lupe cooks the Turkey every year and every year it’s so delicious!!! My Sis-in-law was blessed with a fully cooked smoked turkey so we had that too, thank you Jesus!!!
12.28.12 019
Here is a picture of me on CHRISTmas day. You can see my smile is still crooked. I really have to smile big.
a1
I tried to make it look normal but it was hard =)
a
My sis-in-law is so creative with her gifts. She always makes such pretty baskets.
12.28.12 063
Lance gave me a heart shaped box that he bought with his AWANA Bucks!
12.28.12 073
Josh opening a gift from Ethan. He wrapped it in a mail envelope. We ran out of wrapping paper.
12.28.12 074
Ethan received a Military Tent from his siblings.
(I need a new camera, this one doesn’t take very good pics)
12.28.12 076
Annette received the whole set of these books (forgot the name) from Josh and me, we went halfers on this.
12.28.12 077
Brent was really happy to get a cd player. Annette and Caleb received one as well. See the Zoologic game next to Brent, that was a gift from Lance, he said, only two pieces are missing Surprised smilethat sounds about right. Like the birthday present he once gave Josh, it was half of a watch band.
12.28.12 079
Ethan gave his dad a 2008 pocket calendar. The blanket on his lap, Annette made for him. She searched high and low for the right material. Weeks in fact. Her Grandpa Joe took her to Hobby Lobby, Wal-mart, and some fabric place.
12.28.12 080
Caleb hit the jack-pot with Star Wars figures. I think he got about four or five of them, two from me. He likes to play with these on his bed during nap time.
12.28.12 087
This picture didn’t come out to well. It’s Lance cuddled in his monkey blanket that he got from mom and dad.
12.28.12 093
From mom and dad, Annette received some Scout books. She really, really, wanted some books from this series.
12.28.12 086
Caleb drew a picture and gave Lupe and I $10.00 gift certificates.
12.28.12 095
He even wrote in cursive.
12.28.12 096
This was taken a few days after CHRISTmas. Ethan loved the way the icicles looked. He thought it was pretty amazing how they slowly form by melting (drip, drip, drip).
12.28.12 097
12.28.12 098
Ethan took the picture below of an icicle.
12.28.12 099
Lance made a CHRISTmas tree with a star.
12.28.12 102
Annette decorated the cookies so pretty.
12.28.12 108
Annette working hard.
12.28.12 103
That was our CHRISTmas with a few extra photos of the days that followed. Happy birthday Jesus!

7 comments :

Dee said...

Love the pics, Linda...especially of the one of you! Your smile looks wonderful! You are healing so nicely! :) :) :)

Annette's cookies look so pretty! I bet they were tasty too.

Looks like another great Christmas, praise the Lord! I pray that God blesses you in abundance in this next new year!


Much Love my friend,

Dee :)

Cynthia said...

How exciting...snow! No snow this year for us. Last year it snowed on Christmas Day.:) Maybe later, the temps seem to be getting lower.

That picture of Brent is nice...I like his shoes in the one above. ;)

I loved all their gifts...especially that 2008 calendar. lol! So how many years is it before a calendar can be reused...remember Grandma Tanny?

I've seen those Scout books, they sound interesting. Maybe I will try one with the kids.

Glad to hear it was a wonderful Christmas. We miss you!

Dee said...

ps Lupe's turkeys come out so beautifully roasted. You must give me his recipe...please...
;)

Amy said...

Hi Linda,
That's so awesome that you guys got to experience a "White Christmas"! My kids would love to have just one day of fun in the snow! We also have a sock-monkey lover in the family! My son Colby just loves them-for Christmas he recieved a giant sock-monkey-I'll try and post it on my blog in the next couple of days. Also, who is the author of the Scout books? My daughter is a dog lover and would probably really enjoy these! Thanks and God Bless, Amy @3-Paladins-and-a-princess. blogspot.com

The Mrs. said...

A beautiful Christmas for a beautiful family!

I love the almond in the rice pudding tradition.

~Blessings!

Homeschooling6 said...

Dee Lupe cooks it in one of those infra red cookers. Can't think of the name but will get back to you on it. It's like a fryer but without the oil.

Dee said...

Awesome, yes, please let me know. Adriana always makes our turkeys and they come out really good. My turkeys always come out a bit dry. I would love an easier way to make a perfectly roasted turkey. And a fryer without the oil, that sounds too good to be true! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Places I enjoy!

Words of Wisdom

Christian Women Online


It is easier to build strong children Frederick Douglass quote at DailyLearners.com Thank goodness I was never sent to school...Beatrix Potter quote at DailyLearners.com


If God sends us on a stony path, He will provide us with strong shoes. --A. Maclaren

If you live right, chances are your children will too. But teach them everything. What you don't teach them someone else will-and you might not like those lessons.-The Delany Sisters



Credits

Coffee Background: cutecolors
Coffee Bear Clipart: (c)Lisa's country clipart
Scrapbooking kit for banner and button
Jannidee from Janiscraps Beads:Nana's Attic

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP