Powered by Blogger.

The Night Before CHRISTmas

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The night before CHRISTmas Lupe and I are up late getting the turkey ready and waiting for the children to fall asleep so I can fill their stockings. I always enjoy and have lots of fun filling them.
12.25.12 021
This year I was doing some last minute stocking stuffers. I had one main item for each but didn’t have the the fillers (like candy). Thankfully we had to do a last minute run to the grocery store and I bought things they would appreciate from there. Hot cocoa packets, 100% Caprisun juice drink, Nerds, large mint candy, and in all of the stocking I put a Whatchamacallit, do you remember those candy bars? I have more than once told the kids about a Whatchamacallit so I thought that would be fun Winking smile.
The main stocking stuffer item was:
Joshua~ Wow 2012, which is a Christian cd with all the ‘wow’ music from that year.
Annette~Ten Girls From History Audio Book
Caleb~Big pack of gum and a Mission Ready ID/Passport Holder
Brent~Mission Ready ID/Passport Holder and a Sock Monkey (he collects sock monkey items).
Ethan~a cute pair of skid proof slippers and a Mission Ready ID/Passport Holder
Lance~a cute pair of skid proof slippers and a Angel Wars Dvd.
In Brent’s stocking I also put a cup of that not good-for-you soup.
As I’m writing this on CHRISTmas morn the children are sleeping all snug in their bed, on the floor, or couch. (they were up earlier raiding their stockings).

3 comments :

Dee said...

Linda, the stockings look lovely, and I love all the cool things you put inside of them! I love how they all fit in the pegs of the Family sign. Merry Christmas to your beautiful family! :)

ps I remember the Watchamacalit bars. They are pretty hard to find in my area...soooo good, though.

A Slice of Homeschool Pie said...

My children love their stockings too! Wanted to stop and say hi from the Review Crew.

Cynthia said...

Wow, nice stockings! That is one one of our favorite things to do after the kids are asleep. Don and I stuff our two stockings lol! It doesn't take much time, but it is something we enjoy doing together. :) (It was four when the girls were home.)

The kids are jealous that y'all got snow. How FUN!! Our temps are dropping, but no snow. Lots of rain and wind though. As long as I can hold my mug in both hands and sip a yummy hot treat, I am happy. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Places I enjoy!

Words of Wisdom

Christian Women Online


It is easier to build strong children Frederick Douglass quote at DailyLearners.com Thank goodness I was never sent to school...Beatrix Potter quote at DailyLearners.com


If God sends us on a stony path, He will provide us with strong shoes. --A. Maclaren

If you live right, chances are your children will too. But teach them everything. What you don't teach them someone else will-and you might not like those lessons.-The Delany Sisters



Credits

Coffee Background: cutecolors
Coffee Bear Clipart: (c)Lisa's country clipart
Scrapbooking kit for banner and button
Jannidee from Janiscraps Beads:Nana's Attic

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP