Powered by Blogger.

Sensational Peppermint Patties Brownies

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

We made these for our Stay Up All Night New Years Eve party (party of 8Winking smile). I found the recipe on the back of a Peppermint Patty candy bag. 
1.1.13 032
24 small peppermint patties
3 sticks of butter melted
3 cups sugar
1TBS Vanilla extract
5 eggs
2 cups flour
1 cup Cocoa
1tsp. baking powder
1tsp. salt
1.1.13 010
1. Heat oven to 350* (325* if using a glass baking dish). Remove wrappers from peppermint patties. Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
2.Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; beat until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, blend well. Reserve 2 cups.
3. Spread remaining batter in prepared pan. Arrange peppermint patties about 1/2 inch apart in single layer over batter. Spread reserved batter over the peppermint patties.
4. Bake 50-55 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares. Makes about 36 brownies, depending on how big you cut them Winking smile.
1.1.13 020

Enjoy!
1.1.13 009
I made these again but this time I didn't reserve any batter, instead I stuck the peppermint patties on the top and covered them after. It worked out great.

3 comments :

The Mrs. said...

Oh these look yummy! I wish that I liked minty things. I'm sure that my little ones would devour these.

Dee said...

Wow, these look delicious, and I love chocolate and mint! Happy New Year, Linda! Many Blessings in the name of Jesus! :) :) :)

Cynthia said...

Oh my, those looks scrumptious! I bet mom would have loved them. I just might have to try them next month.

Happy New Year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Places I enjoy!

Words of Wisdom

Christian Women Online


It is easier to build strong children Frederick Douglass quote at DailyLearners.com Thank goodness I was never sent to school...Beatrix Potter quote at DailyLearners.com


If God sends us on a stony path, He will provide us with strong shoes. --A. Maclaren

If you live right, chances are your children will too. But teach them everything. What you don't teach them someone else will-and you might not like those lessons.-The Delany Sisters



Credits

Coffee Background: cutecolors
Coffee Bear Clipart: (c)Lisa's country clipart
Scrapbooking kit for banner and button
Jannidee from Janiscraps Beads:Nana's Attic

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP