Powered by Blogger.

Fuel Cycle Week 2 (June 15-21)

Saturday, June 22, 2013

I’m back and ready for week 2 of the Fuel Cycle. Here I am ready to go, blotchy faced morning picture. You know, the just got out of the shower and face is red. Not one of my best pictures but gotta keep it real =)
Homeschooling6 Mom

So now that I’ve read the Fuel Cycle part (for the 100th time) of the the Healthy Trim Mama and am starting week 2 I have a better grasp of what I’m doing.

Here is how I labeled the S, E, and FP meals so I would not forget. Believe it or not I always forgot which was which. I’m just giving an overview not a detailed list of foods. You will need to read the book to fully understand the program. This is my quick way to remember what each letter stands for.

S- this is your satisfying meal. The ones with good fats like butter, olive or palm oil. Red meat but you can have chicken too. I just think of it as S for fat meals. This doesn’t mean that one can gorge on all things fat, just enjoy your eggs cooked in butter and such.

E- this is your energizing meals. They contain more carbs. Not processed junk food carbs but good ones like more starchy veggies, you want to go with more of the lean meats like chicken, turkey, and fish. I call E the carby foods (not that one can go hog wild on carbs).

FP- this is your fuel pull meals. You pull back on your fuel foods carbs and fat in a healthy way. You want to eat lean meats with lots of leafy veggies.

You don’t want to mix your S and E meals together but during the Fuel Cycle you’re only eating one way for the day, so that shouldn’t be a problem. I just gave a brief description that doesn’t do the THM diet justice but wanted to explain a little.

For the Fuel Cycle my days look like this:

  • Days 1-3 are S days. Lots of healthy fats, good meats to eat and lots of low carb veggies. Leafy greens.
  • Days 4-5 you are eating FP meals. These are low carb, low fat, and low calorie days. THM has it so you won’t go hungry though.
  • Days 6-7 you are refueling by eating E meals. You’re still keeping things under control and not going over board on carbs. It’s  low fat days. You’re allowed 0% Greek yogurt, 1% cottage cheese, and even a Joseph’s pita bread.

Now for what I ate this week:

Week 2
Day 1
Weight: 146.4

  • Breakfast: I woke late and ate around 9:30 a.m. I had a cake-in-a mug with whipped cream, coffee with 2TBL of heavy organic cream.
  • Lunch: I was busy cleaning out my kitchen cupboards and didn’t get to lunch until around 1:30 p.m. I had 2 scrambled eggs cooked in butter and a handful of spinach, salt and pepper with water to drink.
  • Snack: 4oz of tuna with some leafy greens, salt, pepper, raw organic apple cider vinegar, and coconut oil. The eggs didn’t cut it for me.
  • Dinner: In-in-Out double-double with cheese and water.

I enjoyed and iced coffee today with 1TBL organic cream. Before my Whole30 I use to have 4TBL cream in my iced coffee. Not anymore.

Day 2
Weight: 146.4

  • Breakfast: Fat Stripping Frappe with MCT Oil
  • Lunch: Sirloin steak with leafy green salad (salt, pepper, raw apple cider vinegar, coconut oil), Zevia Raspberry soda.
  • Snack: Cake-in-a mug. I wasn’t really hungry but I splurged with it being Father’s Day and my son’s birthday. I didn’t eat off plan (thank you Lord).
  • Dinner: In-in-Out Double-double with cheese and sauteed onions, not tomato, bun, or sauce. Water.

I enjoyed an iced coffee with heavy organic cream (2TBL) and stevia for dessert.

I made my Frappa (I always call it a Frappe) with Hershey’s Dark Chocolate. I added some whipped cream.Fat Stripping FrappaDay 3
Weight: 146.8

  • Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with 2TBL canned green chili cooked in butter. Coffee with organic cream.
  • Lunch: Tuna salad (leafy herb blend of greens, 2 boiled eggs, salt, pepper, coconut oil, vinegar)
  • Snack: Fat Stripping Frappa topped with whipped cream
  • Dinner: In-in-Out Double-double with no bun, tomato, or sauce. I normally don’t eat so many double-doubles in a week. I don’t know why I wanted them so bad. In-in-Out is the only burger place that I know of that doesn’t add a lot of junk to their meat and sautés onions without adding anything. I also had a herb salad mix.

This is what my leafy green herb salads are made of.
Trim Healthy Mama
Today is my last day for the week to have cream so I enjoyed an iced coffee. I drank lots of water and some sweetened passion tea.

Day 4
Weight: 146.6

  • Breakfast: Fat Stripping Frappa
  • Snack: Cake in a bowl
  • Lunch: Joseph’s Lavash bread (1/2) with dijon mustard, 3oz lean sandwich meat, tomatoes and a leafy herb salad.
  • Snack: Another Frappa to hold me over until dinner
  • Dinner: Same as lunch
  • Snack: about 3oz lean chicken with a little bit of cheddar cheese (a no-no).

This is the first time since January that I will have bread. It feels a bit weird but I was actually looking forward to it. Shortly after having my Joseph’s Lavash Bread I felt bloated. I was having bathroom issues before this so I’m not completely sure if it was the Lavash Bread or not. I am going to test it out again tomorrow.

Also I was so hungry today. When hubby came home from Alert Cadet we took another walking route. My poor hubby hadn’t had dinner yet so we stopped at a restaurant. I ordered a soft taco. I gave most of my chicken and cheese to my hubby. I eyeballed about 3 oz and only had very little cheddar cheese. I knew I should not have eaten it but I was HUNGRY.

Thursday my Kojac Noodles come, I can’t wait. I do hope this will help me next week during the FP days. I wasn’t able to order this before I started the Fuel Cycle.

Day 5
Weight: 146.4

  • Breakfast: 0% Greek Yogurt and 1 cup blackberries with Fat Stripping Frappa to sip while I teach.
  • Lunch: Joseph’s Fuel Pull Pizza using 1/2 Lavash Bread with some tomato paste, very little skim mozzarella cheese, 1% cottage cheese, some lean chicken meat and a few mushrooms. Veggie salad with fat free store bought dressing.
  • Snack:Cake in a Bowl and Matcha Green Tea
  • Dinner: Same as lunch except I used a round laughing cow cheese. I cut it up and it was enough to cover my pizza.

Joseph's Fuel Pull Pizza

My Joseph’s Fuel Pull Pizza was so good. I really, really enjoyed every bite! I was very careful not to go over my 3 oz of lean chicken. I weighed it to make sure I was accurate. The tomatoes are from our garden. Ethan and I found two small ones. I cut them up and added it to my pizza. I cut it my into fours so it seemed like more.

Today I wasn’t so hungry thank-goodness.

I tried my best to only drink water today but added in a Zevia. I also had some Matcha Green tea.

Day 6
Weight: 146.2

  • Breakfast: Trim Healthy Pancakes with sugar free jelly 
  • Lunch: Joseph’s Fuel Pull Pizza with 1 small Granny Smith Apple.
  • Snack: Cake in a mug
  • Dinner: Balsamic Chicken-E pg. 324 with sweet potato noodles
  • Snack: 2 med. Trim Healthy Pancakes with less than a TBL of sugar free jam.

I wasn’t planning on having 2 pancakes after supper but they looked so good when I was bagging them for breakfast tomorrow. Hoping I didn’t go over my carbs by eating them.

Trim Healthy Pancakes

I drank lots of Good Girl Moonshine (GGM) today and water. Had two mugs of coffee with magic cream (1cup almond milk blended with a scoop of protein powder, good for FP and E days).

Day 7
Weight: 146.0

Breakfast: 3 Trim Healthy Pancakes with Cottage Berry Whip pg. 379
Lunch: Fuel Pull Pizza, 1 small granny apple, green leafy salad
Dinner: Big Man Smoothie with strawberries
Snack: 2 med. Healthy Trim Pancakes (leftover from the morning) with less then a TBL of sugar free jam.

I went to the orthodontist this morning. They pushed, pulled, and did everything in between with my teeth. They had to readjust the wire too. This left me sore, thankfully it got worse through the day so for lunch I was okay to eat my delish Fuel Pull Pizza. By dinner time I was not able to eat what I had originally planned for supper so I had the Big Man Smoothie (I changed the name to man because my hubby is not a ‘big boy’ but a wonderful man. In the book one of the sisters makes this for her hubby and it fills him up which it should because it makes 4 cups. I know the authors are just playing around but I prefer to call it the Big Man Smoothie still. I’m just being overly nit-picky.)

Big Boy Smoothie

I didn’t lose any pounds this week but I stayed at 146 which is huge for this mama! Normally I’m yo-yoing up and down with the same pounds so it was nice staying some-what consistant.

Wow, I completed week two with no mistakes (I think). Those fuel pull days were a bit hard but now I have some Miracle Noodles and hope to fill up on those during week 3.

I’m looking forward to week 3 and have already planned most of my menu. I went shopping Friday for all the ingredients. Not any of the foundation foods because I already have that most of those items. I went shopping for veggies, meats, and such.

Because days 4-7 are lean meat days I bought a lot of ground turkey and chicken for those days (following the recipes in THM) and my food bill for 8 people came to $250.00.  This was a bit high but it also included organic milk, fruits for the kiddos, and I know the lean turkey had something to do with it (I had to buy half ground chicken because the chicken was cheaper). I don’t want to make two separate meals though and had to buy enough meat for all the kiddos. What I may do next time is have a beans and rice day with low carb tortillas for hubby and kids, and I’ll have a HTM dinner. I won’t have to purchase so much meat that way. Anyway, all that to say it’s worth it though. The children are trying some new recipes and I love having all the ingredients.

You can read :

  • Week 1 HERE.
  • Week 3 (coming soon)

8 comments :

Jennifer Kasprzak said...

Is that A Chick Fil A Tervis?? I am so proud of you chicka keep it up. I am proud to call you my friend, you motivate me and inspire you.
God is good.
Jenn

Homeschooling6 said...

Yes it is. I love my Chick-Fil-A cup. It was a bit expensive ($22.00) but I wanted to support one of my favorite companies.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm so very proud of you as well. You are doing great my friend.

I forgot to add that hubby and I walk at least a mile most nights as well.

Mary said...

Geez, I think you look great in that picture! Keep on keeping on!

cindy said...

Great menu! That Big Man smoothie looks yummy, and now I really really want to try that FP pizza!

Homeschooling6 said...

Cindy, you must try the FP Pizza. It's so good. For week 3 it's on my menu for 4 days!

c1ed8cd0-b450-11e2-b1c7-000bcdcb5194 said...

Have you tried the Miracle Noodles yet? Do they taste okay???

Homeschooling6 said...

I have and they are okay. I need to experiment with them more.

You do need to rinse them because they smell like fish. But once rinsed the fishy smell goes away. I have only cooked them in chicken broth. Today I added some butter and parm cheese and ate them along with my meatloaf.

I want to try them in a stir fry.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Places I enjoy!

Words of Wisdom

Christian Women Online


It is easier to build strong children Frederick Douglass quote at DailyLearners.com Thank goodness I was never sent to school...Beatrix Potter quote at DailyLearners.com


If God sends us on a stony path, He will provide us with strong shoes. --A. Maclaren

If you live right, chances are your children will too. But teach them everything. What you don't teach them someone else will-and you might not like those lessons.-The Delany Sisters



Credits

Coffee Background: cutecolors
Coffee Bear Clipart: (c)Lisa's country clipart
Scrapbooking kit for banner and button
Jannidee from Janiscraps Beads:Nana's Attic

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP