Powered by Blogger.

The Shrinker from Trim Healthy Mama

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Serene I believe it was, one of the author’s of Trim Healthy Mama came up with this delicious chai tea which she named The Shrinker. It’s so good. She didn’t give exact measurements but this is how I make it.
The Shrinker
Boil about 2 cups water and steep 4 tea bags of Oolong Tea and let cool
Get your blender and add:

  • 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
  • Pinch of Cayenne Pepper around an 1/8 tsp. 
  • 1/2-1tsp. Cinnamon (add more or less depending on how much you like cinnamon, I add 1tsp+)
  • 1-2tsp. Vanilla (again to your taste. The first time I added 1tsp but now add 2)
  • Pinch of Himalayan Salt (or any salt you prefer but the better the salt the more nutritious it will be)
  • Sweeten to taste (I use Stevia)
  • Add the Oolong tea and blend
  • Put into a two quart jar, fill with ice, add more water to fill up the jar, shake well and enjoy!
It is very tasty and I have made it almost daily this week.

The first time I made The Shrinker 1/4 tsp. of Cayenne was a bit much but I took small sips (don’t gulp). I continued making it with 1/4 tsp. and I am now use to it. So just experiment with the Cayenne Pepper.

I steep my tea bags for as long as it takes for the water to cool. Sometimes I’m in a hurry though and just add ice to cool it down.

I also use and steep the same tea bags again and add this water to my original mix to add more flavor because sometimes the ice will water my tea down. Just experiment and see what works for you.

I found the higher quality cinnamon works best. In fact real cinnamon is best. The Wal-mart brand is not good quality and that is when you get the slimy sludge stuff at the bottom of your drink. Although Costco's cinnamon is not true cinnamon it doesn't get slimy. I have switched to the real cinnamon.

Feel free to pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/267401296598289366/
Read more about Oolong Tea:

8 comments :

Monique said...

thanks for sharing this.
Is the cayenne necessary?

Homeschooling6 said...

Monique, Ceyenne does have many health benefits like aiding in digestion and getting that metabolism going. If Ceyenne is too spicy you can add regular pepper or omit it but it might take some of the 'shrinker' benefits too ;)
Here is an article about the benefits of Ceyenne: https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/benefits-of-cayenne-pepper/

Shaybee said...

I don't like cayenne in my drinks but I take it as a supplement :)

Homeschooling6 said...

I'm the opposite. I love it in my Shrinker. Either way it's all good ;)
Thanks for stopping by.

Teresia said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe with your recommendations they help with these strange new recipes...I did not like it at all with just stevia..I used 4 donks of Kal stevia though then just added 1 tsp of powdered trivia to each 16 oz glass and it is really good!

Homeschooling6 said...

You are welcome Teresia, I don't like when recipes say a splash of this or swirl of that. A splash or swirl is not very accurate we all splash differently =)

I use a lot of stevia too.

Danielle Stenz said...

Have you lost weight drinking this?

Homeschooling6 said...

Hi, Danielle, I think it's more of a combination of eating low carb and drinking things like shrinker helps.

If your a soda pop drinker then switching to drinking something like the shrinker will definitely help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Places I enjoy!

Words of Wisdom

Christian Women Online


It is easier to build strong children Frederick Douglass quote at DailyLearners.com Thank goodness I was never sent to school...Beatrix Potter quote at DailyLearners.com


If God sends us on a stony path, He will provide us with strong shoes. --A. Maclaren

If you live right, chances are your children will too. But teach them everything. What you don't teach them someone else will-and you might not like those lessons.-The Delany Sisters



Credits

Coffee Background: cutecolors
Coffee Bear Clipart: (c)Lisa's country clipart
Scrapbooking kit for banner and button
Jannidee from Janiscraps Beads:Nana's Attic

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP