My goal for my family with regarding food is to eventually be a grain-free family but that won’t be in the near future. Maybe far future. But it doesn’t stop me from trying. I am always on the hunt for a good cookbook. One book that I’ve been saving up for is Satisfying Eats by Melissa Monroe McGehee.
There are over 250 grain-free, sugar-free, and low-carb recipes. Inside you will find:
- Baking Tips and Substitutions
- Tips for Recipe Success
- Tips for healthy living & eating grain and sugar free
- Why we need healthy fats and proteins
- Adverse effects of wheat and grains on the body
- Possible benefits of the elimination of wheat and grains
- Melissa’s story
- Lots of recipes
I like that all the recipes are pretty down to earth meaning I have the ingredients.
- Coconut flour
- Almond flour
- Kal Stevia
- Raw honey (this is used when she wants a sweeter taste along with the concentrated Kal but not the aftertaste of too much Kal Stevia)
Each recipe will give how much it serves and the net carbs. I just received this book yesterday so I haven’t actually made much (only some cream cheese frosting for my MIM) but I look forward to making my menu today using some of the recipes from Satisfying Eats. If you have visited Melissa’s blog you will be able to use some of the recipes that are in the cookbook.
I plan to use this with teaching home economics with Annette. I will have her read the information on grains and wheat. She is already trying to live a grain free lifestyle. I love that Annette will search the internet for Paleo recipes. She is becoming quite the little mama.