|This post may contain affiliate links.|
I thought it would be fun to see how it goes as well. The only thing that I didn't add was a regular journal. One that has him reading books daily. The Fun-Schooling Journal (with the owl) doesn't have as many pages where the child uses their reading books. So, next week I'll add the boy's Winter journal.
I use the Planbook to write out everything that I want Ethan to complete. Since he was only using The Thinking Tree material (except for math) I had him use daily:
- Fun-Schooling Journal - 1 page a day. I let him choose what pages he wanted to complete.
- Spelling Journal - 1 page a day. Right now he's hunting for words.
- Bible Time - a page daily. I love seeing what he's thankful for. One day he put 'coffee', not sure why as he doesn't drink coffee, haha. Maybe he's sees how much I enjoy my morning cup of java, I'll have to ask him.
- Multiplication Games - he's been working through this since November of last year. Once he completes it I'll have him use Bible Games and then Are You a Math Genius. Two fun-schooling math books along with his regular math program Mastering Essential Math Skills.
- Prayer Journal- he's using it with Bible Time Kids. So he's not writing in it at the moment.
- Creative Copywork - is the last book in the Dyslexia Games Series B! In a few weeks he will start Series C.
- Teach Yourself to Draw Pets - this week he worked on drawing a guinea pig. Next week he will work on the companion handbook where he will research guinea pigs.
Next week will be similar to this week. Although I will make sure he's reading a book! That kid of mine!
I'll be adding a few grammar pages: Language Smarts from The Critical Thinking Co. as well.
After a few weeks we'll get back to our writing program, All Things Fun and Fascinating.
Do you have a Thinking Tree post? If so I'd love for you to link-up and share.